Improved draft order details experience
We’ve just released an improved draft order details page to our merchants. These changes help merchants enjoy a better order creation experience, and also presents a few visual changes that are easy on the eyes. Learn more about creating draft orders from the Shopify Help Center.
The draft order details page now has the following changes:
- An improved summary section in the order creation flow. Merchants can now view payment options helper-text in the draft order summary area. This helps to easily identify what actions need to be taken to be able to view and use invoice sending and payment options on the order. Disabled invoice send and payment options have been replaced with the help text; no more angry clicking on greyed out disabled buttons.
- Improved shipping rates message banner and shipping options list when adding shipping to draft orders.
- Improved order level discount modal dialog with explicit fields for discount type and value making it easier for merchants to identify what text needs to be added to the text input field.
- Improved item discount modal dialog with explicit fields for discount type and value making it easier for merchants to identify what text needs to be added to the text input field.
- Improved customer contact details display with the added bonus of giving merchants the ability to easily copy a customer’s email address and shipping address to the clipboard via the new copy icons that have been added.
- Improved shipping and billing address editing layout with better visual separation of fields and a country flag icon added beside the phone number field. Improved reserve items modal dialog with explicit date and time fields, and appropriate icons for clarity.
- Improved line items display with better item and associated unit price alignment, and better line totals display.
- Improved product browsing and adding experiences with a better display of helper text when items and variants have already been added to the order, a better display of the number of available items remaining, and the price of already added items remaining visible in the modal dialog.
- An information dense and easy to read draft order details print preview that does not include page elements like buttons, banners, icons, etc. Now merchants can use less paper when printing draft order details.